For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Chinese New Year!











Gung Hay Fat Choy (a.k.a. Happy Chinese New Year)! To celebrate the Chinese New Year I took Kamdynn to Kaleb's Kindergarten celebration. It was so sweet of his teacher to invite Kamdynn and Kaleb was beaming when he told the class "this is my sister from China." The kids walked through the halls under a dragon, playing instruments and saying "Gung Hay Fat Choy." Kaleb was thrilled to lead the 35 foot dragon down the hall! After the parade the class had Chinese food and learned a little about the Chinese culture. Kamdynn LOVED the food!
As a family we celebrated by going out to dinner at the China Buffet (I'm not a big Chinese food fan, but I'm willing to eat it once a year in honor of Kamdynn). We obviously stood out as a family with Kamdynn in our arms and the Chinese women working at the restaurant were drawn to us. One women assumed that we couldn't have anymore of our "own" children and when I told her that we could, but chose to adopt, she just hugged me and told me Kamdynn was a lucky girl.
It was a great day and we hope to make celebrating Chinese New Year a family tradition!

No comments: