For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Saturday, March 19, 2011

One Year Ago...



...we saw our sweet little girl's face for the first time! I remember the details of that day (Referral Day) like it was yesterday. I remember the phone ringing and not picking it up because I didn't recognize the 703 area code. Seconds later it clicked that it was AWAA and I called them back to hear "we have an 11 month old little girl for you." I remember waiting by my computer to get her pictures (it was only a few minutes that I had to wait, but it felt like forever). While I waited I called Kevin, my Mom and my best friend, Shaunda. Kevin and my Mom headed home and Shaunda waited on the phone with me while I waited for the e-mail. I remember opening the e-mail and saying "She's so cute, she's so cute" and then forwarding the e-mail to Shaunda right away. I remember that feeling of just knowing that she was ours and feeling so grateful that OUR day had finally come. I knew without a doubt that God had designed this sweet little girl for us, and us for her. This day will always hold a special place in my heart...Happy Referral Day sweet Kamdynn!
(When I showed Kamdynn her "Referral Day" picture, she just smiled and said "baby!")

No comments: